Mediterranean Chickpea Salad

It’s supposed to be warming up soon which makes me crave more salads and healthy options! I’m fairly certain that’s why everyone in California is so fit and healthy…when it’s sunny you crave juices & salads and when it’s cold all I want is mac n’ cheese and fried chicken.
Last week I was racking my brain for some easy dinners & snack to throw together and decided to give this a try. Chickpeas are one of my favorite ingredients to play with because they are filling and I love the taste. Lately, Trevor has been studying after work and coming home late so I end up snacking on every unhealthy item in our cabinets till I make dinner at like 8 for the two of us.
This Salad was so easy to throw together (seriously 10 minutes) and lasted us through most of the week. Grab these few things from the grocery and just chop, toss together in a bowl and dress. The dressing can be mixed easily and feel free to add salt and pepper to your taste!
Hope this is a lovely addition to your current menu & let me know how you like it!

INGREDIENTS :
SALAD
  • 2 cans (15 oz) garbanzo beans
  • 1 cup red bell pepper
  • 1 cup Grape Tomatoes
  • 1 cup Cucumbers
  • 1/4 cup Red Onion
  • 1/4 cup fat free feta cheese
  • Parsley To Garnish
DRESSING
  • 1 tbs lemon juice
  • 1 tbs red wine vinegar
  • 1/2 tsp ginger
  • salt & pepper to taste
You can find complete recipes of this Mediterranean Chickpea Salad in lowstoluxe.com
- food recipes

Healthy Recipes

Previous
Next Post »