How To Make Kielbasa, Pepper, Onion and Potato Hash

This is a down home, simple, inexpensive, delicious meal that I love to make. Whenever I see the turkey kielbasa go on sale, I stock up so I can make this for the fam. With just four main ingredients, it is a no frills kind of recipe that is perfect for busy weeknights or those nights when Momma just don't feel like cookin'.
I started buying the turkey kielbasa and smoked sausage (as opposed to pork or beef) a couple of years ago when I decided to try to start eating and cooking a little healthier post-baby. Well there was this one night that my husband saw that the package on the counter said turkey. He started protesting the fact that I was using turkey sausage instead of beef, but I assured him that it was the kind I've always bought and that we, as a family, have all always liked it just fine. However, to appease him and his beef-driven mind, I told him I'd buy beef next time.

How To Make Kielbasa, Pepper, Onion and Potato Hash | Food Recipes


Ingredients
  • 1 (14 ounce) package turkey kielbasa, cut into 1/4 inch rounds
  • 1 green bell pepper, diced
  • 1/2 yellow, red or orange bell pepper, diced
  • 1 onion, diced
  • 3 small or 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
  • olive oil
  • salt and pepper
Instructions
  1. In a heavy bottomed skillet (I like to use my cast iron), heat 2 tbsp of olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes to the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Fry until golden brown and cooked through, around 8-10 minutes, stirring a few times to ensure even browning.
  2. In a separate skillet, brown the sliced kielbasa for around 5 minutes in 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium-high heat.  Remove the kielbasa from the pan and set aside.  Add the peppers and onions to the skillet and season with a pinch of salt and pepper.  Cook for 5 minutes, or until softened, stirring occasionally.
  3. Add the cooked potatoes and kielbasa to the skillet with the onions and peppers and mix everything together.  Serve nice and hot!

    NOTES

    I use two skillets to make this recipe.  I used to make it in one, but something always came out wrong.  I've learned that when I cook my potatoes in a separate skillet they cook more evenly and stay nice and crispy when they're added to the other ingredients right before serving.
    Sometimes I'll add some minced garlic to the peppers and onions, but it tastes just as good without it.
    Author: Becky
You can find complete recipes of this Kielbasa, Pepper, Onion and Potato Hash in thetwobiteclub.com
- food recipes

Healthy Recipes

Previous
Next Post »